June 25, 2013

Great Maple

Well, I'm officially back in the states, not missing a beat.
Erik and I just came back from the most amazing trip through Southeast Asia,
and I CANNOT wait to share some photos with you.
But first, this girl has to get back to her normal routine,
which obviously means checking out some of the latest and greatest spots in San Diego.

Up on deck is Great Maple.
I stopped by this adorable diner for lunch with some friends today,
and am pleased as a peach with my experience.
Described as a "European Dinette in America",
this place shows off its love for seasonal produce, responsible seafood and farm fresh American meat by serving it all up through a variety of creative dishes.
The vibe is just what you would expect of a diner, but better... remade with a hipster twist, I'd say.
The decor is absolutely adorable,
and I hope you don't think this is strange,
but I kind of have a thing for pretty bathrooms.
The Great Maple didn't dissapoint.
Floral wallpaper, herringbone patterned tile and brass gold details all throughout?
Love.
Don't focus on the outfit... conservative clothes means I had to sneak out of the office. 
Portobello Mushroom Fries
Local Farmer's Beet with Shrimp
The Good Ole' Fat Boy Sandwich
House Fish & Chips
And finally the food.
Pretty good variety during the lunch hour, in my opinion.
A large salad selection makes me a happy girl,
and while I was trying to be good,
the boys I was with chose to be boys,
and ordered up the Good Ole' Fat Boy sandwich along with the House Fish & Chips.
Both were bomb.
(I obviously had to sample each dish to do research for ze blog)
Oh, and don't let me forget about the Portobello Mushroom Fries!
Yeaaa... those were my idea,
and they were worth every calorie!
Great Maple
1451 Washington Street
San Diego, CA 92103

natasha

6 comments:

Nikola said...

That is fantastic - I love finding local eats, and this diner is perfect! The food looks delicious and what a classic vibe in the décor!

Anonymous said...

How do you stay such a skinny minnie girl??? This looks so yummy. There is a Great Maple in Fashion Island in Newport that I've been meaning to try. Hey hun...I live in O.C. and the hubs and I go to San Diego all the time. I hit up Snooze on your rave rec and I was not reallly impressed. An hour and a half wait for medicore food. Maybe we hit them up on an off day.

Bailey Schneider said...

Portobello Mushroom Fries??!! Stop it!!
WANT WANT WANT!!

Welcome back
xx

Anonymous said...

i need to try this place!

Eliaz Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eliaz Beth said...

I stopped by this adorable diner for lunch with some friends today, Amarres de Amor