February 1, 2011

Windy City

I went through drastic climate shock a few weeks ago when my husband and I decided to leave our beautiful 80 degree hometown weather for the chilly winds of Chicago. Why would we do that to ourselves you may ask? Well, why not?! Look, we San Diegans are a lucky bunch who enjoy summer weather all year round, but sometimes a girl needs a change.. you know? Besides, I'm never the one to back down from a challenge, so when one of our close friends told me that I "probably couldn't handle the cold weather anyway", tickets were booked within minutes and we were on our way to prove her wrong!











Our awesome friends and hosts.

I'm wearing a Burberry coat, F21 boots and scarf and Miu Miu bag.




My verdict? Chicago was awesome! I clearly survived through the cold weather, and had a blast doing it. The city has an awesome energy about it and I would definitely go back. I won't even begin to talk about the abundance of amazing restaurants there is to choose from! Literally. I won't begin talking about it now, and instead do a few separate posts about some of the cool places we dined at later. Ta ta for now! 

natasha

3 comments:

3ate4 said...

Will have to put Chicago on my list of places to visit!

Natasha Contreras said...

Please do, it's a fabulous city!

Stephanie said...

Going to Chicago in the winter is bold! I lived there for 7 years and since I moved away, I have yet to return during the winter (I'm actually going back next week!). Glad you survived winter in the Windy City! :)