December 16, 2010

Bankers Hill

A couple of nights ago I had the pleasure of meeting a few beautiful friends for a bite to eat at Bankers Hill Bar & Restaurant, one of the most recently buzzed about joints in San Diego. The casual restaurant is just around the corner from the recently reviewed Cucina Urbana, and proximity is not the only thing these two places have in common. Both establishments pride themselves on providing quality food at no greater cost than $20 per plate, and with this being Christmas season and all, I must admit I was digging the new low-cost trend!

I prepared myself for the dining experience by reviewing the place on yelp before making a reservation. First impression? "The food is great, as long as you can make it through the front door, which apparently is a little hard to spot, let alone open." After making a mental note in my head that the mysterious entrance is closest to the corner of 4th and Ivy, I head on over there. Can I just say something?! Those of you who have yelped about the door being hard to find should probably log onto their yelp accounts right after reading this post and delete that silly review. It's really not that hard people. The highlight of the night was the fact that we were seated right by the entrance.. I have to admit it was pretty amusing to watch a few people get completely stumped by a door... That being said, the rest of the yelpers were pretty on point. The food was delicious and nothing on the menu was over twenty bucks.. sa-weet!





Crispy BBQ Braised Pork Tacos with Pepper Jack Cheese, Avocado and Lime Sour Cream

Cheesy Eggplant Parmesan
Only a week left till Christmas! Yippee!!


natasha

No comments: