July 5, 2010

Smoking is only ok for goats..

I know it's been a while since my last post, but I've been busy running around San Diego and eating too much delicious food. Poor me.. I know. Alright, alright, if you insist, I shall share with you some of my findings, but beware.. the next few posts might leave you pretty hungry, and if you're smart, you'll follow your senses.

A few weeks ago I started hearing about a tiny new place in North Park that served up classic bistro food in a casual environment. Ok, sounds cute, but let's face it, the thing that really pulled me in were the rave reviews about the duckfat truffle fries. I personally love duckfat. My waistline however, has a different opinion. I decide to check it out regardless, promising myself to spin my little heart out the next morning so I wouldn't feel guilty for the rest of the week.

The Smoking Goat is tiny indeed (tiny meaning only five tables inside, and a couple more on the porch). We're seated inside, where the atmosphere is cozy, and somehow I immediately feel uber trendy. We order a bottle of Cabernet, one of the selections that happens to be half off during happy hour, and the rest is history.



Scallops atop a basil infused risotto that literally melts in your mouth.


Burger on brioche with the famous duckfat truffle fries and a dipping sauce that makes them even more delicious.

Overall I was completely satisfied. The decor, the food, the service were all great. We finished off our evening with a peach crisp accented by vanilla ice cream, that was also pretty amazing. Would I go back? Definitely. I recommend you check it out for yourself before everyone else and their moms find out about this tiny little secret.


natasha

No comments: