July 21, 2010

The Pearl of My Ocean

Let's be real, I don't need too many excuses to check out a new "hipster" joint in San Diego, especially when the place hosts weekly events that involve "bistro Mondays" and "Dive-in Movies". This week I rounded up a couple of good friends to check out the French/American inspired three-fixe meals that The Pearl offers every week for only $25. 



I'm not gonna lie, from the outside, this cute boutique hotel is easy to pass by (literally, I drove by it twice before I spotted it). But once you make it inside, the modern decor and lay back atmosphere calm the little anxiety butterflies in your stomach almost instantly. Alright, let's just get to the good stuff - food!



The food did not disappoint! For my three course meal I chose to indulge in the soup du jour, a mountain of mussels and french fries, as well as a strawberry crepe for dessert. Too much? I didn't think so. 

Butternut squash soup


Moules Frites: white wine steamed mussels with garlic and butter nestled under some pomme frites 


Vegetarian Quiche De Saisonnier: farmers market vegetables, chef's selection of cheese and haricot vert almondine

This place is definitely a good choice for a delicious low-key dinner and cocktails. The food is savory, the decor is oh so French, and did I mention they host dive-in movies?!?!?! Be there or be square ya'll. 




natasha

No comments: