January 3, 2012

Washington D.C. - Part I


Last week,
the husband and I found ourselves in Washington D.C. -
a city that has history oozing from nearly every crevice. 

The kind people,
beautiful buildings,
amazing restaurants,
and quirky lounges,
all made for an amazing experience. 

Above is part I from our collection of photos. 
We couldn't wait to explore as soon as we got there,
and we actually covered a lot of ground on our first day. 
were all breathtaking. 

It was quite a humbling experience actually,
to walk through these sites. 
To read about the history, 
and the reason why the countless monuments went up. 

Have you ever been to D.C.?
What are your thoughts about it?


natasha

2 comments:

Bailey Schneider said...

Wow! Your photos are amazing. It must be humbling to walk around there!
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

Oliviaaa said...

we were in DC in October. I swear I was choked up at each and every monument and building that I stood before. There is just so much sadness to every story.