January 21, 2012

California Modern

F21 top & jacket, J Brand jeans, Kelsi Dagger booties, Givenchy bag
Sea Dew Collins - rosemary infused Stolichnaya vodka, Punt E Mes vermouth, lemon
Chanterelle Stew - 60° egg, roasted onion jam, potato foam
In my last post I mentioned that San Diego is in the midst of Restaurant Week. 
That's pretty much a holiday in my eyes. 
A multi-day holiday,
filled with dining deals up the wazoo.

A few days ago,
we celebrated the husband's birthday at Flemings,
which was just so-so.
It was just... 
I don't know,
boring
Yeah, the steak was good, 
but that's about it. 
Just a little piece of tender filet minion in the middle of a boring plate. 
Sad sight. 

Well,
whatever creative juices I was missing at Flemings,
were definitely made up for last night. 
The husband and I visited Georges at the Cove, California Modern.
It. Was. Glorious. 

Now I know the picture directly above this text doesn't look too impressive..
What IS that?
Right? 
I know. 
It was one of those instances when no matter how hard I tried I couldn't capture the exquisite taste that was in my mouth onto my camera. 
But please take my word for it,
when I tell you that it was probably my favorite dish of the night.
Of course everything else was amazing as well.... 

This.
This is what I earn for when I dine out.
Creativity and flavor. 
The presentation is just a cherry on top. 
Grilled Sardines - winter tabbouleh, pomegranate, yogurt
Prime Hanger Steak
Braised Lamb Shank - butternut squash risotto, sweet onion raisin relish, feta salsa verde
Chino Farms Carrot Cake - tangerine bubbles, salted pepitas, vanilla creameux, ginger florentine, candied carrots, marinated pears
Sneaky George...
just snuck onto the number one spot 
on my list of favorite dining establishments.
Bravo.

natasha

6 comments:

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

Poops I had an "eh" Restaurant Week experience too... regretting that I didn't go to George's.

Oh well :) Guess I saved myself some calories hehe

Sara B said...

Yum sounds so delicious and you look so pretty too!

Bailey Schneider said...

So delicious and what a beautiful photo of you :-)
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

So Truly Lovely said...

I love your blog!!! And that food...oh dear...it is only 9am-that hanger steak and butternut risotto!!! Off to go catch-up on the rest of your happenings!
xoxo, Anna

Holly said...

Yum! That carrot cake looks amazing! :)
BTW, I love your blog design - very cool and quite different to other ones I've seen. :)
Just dropping by from Hollie's linkup! :)

Holly
http://adventuresofholly.com

Alison Kinsey said...

you're so pretty! i was actually in SD for restaurant week and it didn't seem like too many places were outwardly advertising their participation in it. george's has always been on my list of places to go, i'm glad you enjoyed it!