February 20, 2015

A Day in Encinitas

A couple of weeks ago, 
I had a random day off of work,
and decided to do something different. 
The weather was perfect, (reads 85 degrees in January),
so I knew I wanted to head towards the beach. 
The cute, surf town of Encinitas came to mind,
and I realized that I haven't been there in years. 
I packed up a beach blanket, with few little plans, and headed out for the day. 
And guess what?
I had a really lovely time. 
It's amazing how rejuvenating vitamin D could be for soul. 

Encinitas is only 25 miles away from San Diego,
and is totally worth a visit. 
We drove up right around lunch time,
so naturally, finding a place to dine was the first order of business. 
Not too hard of a task - Blue Ribbon Pizzeria has been on my list of "must visit" restaurants for a while now,
so I was excited to finally check it out. 
Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I tried it because it was stupid good. 
Leave it to me to stuff my belly full of pizza and beer right before heading to the beach,
but who cares! 
It was totally worth it. 

I spent the next few hours soaking in the sun,
and finished it off with a nightcap at the Bier Garden of Encinitas
Does it get much better?
Hardly. 

natasha

1 comment:

Here I scribble said...

Oh I miss San Diego so much! I have to visit again soon...
-DT
htpp://hereiscribble.blogspot.com