December 9, 2014

Day at the Museum

I love being a tourist in my own city.
Any excuse to get lost in beautiful Balboa Park is good enough for me, 
so when I saw that there is a new exhibit going on at the San Diego Natural History Museum,
I made it a point to make my way over to the historical landmark.

The Discovery of King Tut recreates the awe and marvel of the moment of discovery.
Using state-of-the-art technology, the exhibition recreates a piece of the fascinating, bygone exotic empire on the Nile.
It's a great visit back in time, and overall, provides a good overview of the excavation itself, its story, and its invaluable legacy.

This was my first time visiting the SD Natural History Museum since....
I don't even know, fifth grade?!
Oh what I would give to go back to those days.. a whole week of field trips around Balboa Park?
Sounds amazing.
Kind of made me feel like a kid again,
and who doesn't love that?
The tickets for the King Tut exhibit includes admission to the whole museum, 
so make sure you schedule in a few hours to check out the rest of the NAT.
A little nature outside the Natural History Museum. 
How perfect. 
San Diego Natural History Museum
1788 El Prado, Balboa Park
San Diego, CA 92101

natasha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Natasha! The pictures are amazing! What is your favorite restaurant? Remember to add it to your Besty List! http://www.thebesty.com/inlovewithsandiego

Anonymous said...

Awesome! ! I will be in San Diego next weekend & I hope to catch a glimpse of King Tut!