March 19, 2013

Rama Thai

This weekend I was invited to come and check out the menu at RAMA,
a fine Thai restaurant, located in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter. 
I got so excited when I recieved the offer because this is actually my favorite Thai joint in all of San Diego,
and the husband and I used to come here all the time when we lived downtown. 
The experience was like a little walk down memory lane.... with delicious food included!
The ambiance of the restaurant is perfect for a date night -
the booths in the  main dining room are strategically covered with sheer liners, the light is romantically dim, and the DJ is regularly spinning the right jams. 

Once we were told to pick whatever we wanted from the menu,
we were like little kids in a candy store. 
I'm happy to report that ALL of our selections exceeded our expectations!
Yum Salad - with chili, mint, basil, cherry tomatoes, onions and shrimp
rama3
Shaking Beef - cubed rib-eye with cherry tomatoes, onions and shallots
Spicy Basil Lobster - lobster tails stir fried with basil, onions, bell peppers, and fresh thai chili
Sticky rice with mango for dessert!
Erik and I had such a great experience,
 and we can't wait to come back the next time we're craving Thai food!


natasha

1 comment:

Bailey Schneider said...

That looks amazing :-)
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde