November 1, 2016

TRUST

Do you trust the restaurant recommendations you read on this blog?
If so, I have a new treat for you!
After hearing so many great reviews about Trust Restaurant,
I finally made my way over to Hillcrest last weekend to check it out for myself. 

My first impression as I walked through the large outdoor patio filled with chic patrons gathered around the fire pits, 
cocktails in hand,
is that it's very European-esque. 
I loved the unassuming decor of this place - 
large open windows, art deco gold bar stools, and an open kitchen accentuated with a wood fire oven are all spot on. 

As we sat down, the first thing that caught my attention was the Pental Quartz communal bar.
Before I could even dive into the menu, I needed a cocktail. 
Stat!
 The friendly waiter educated me about some ingredients that I've never even heard of, 
and promised that adding a whole egg would make my selection taste like apple pie. 
I believed him, and he was right. 
He was quickly gaining my trust
See what I did there? 

Next, I requested a few recommendations from the food menu. 
The hardest part for me was making a selection,
since so many options made me drool on the spot. 
He suggested that a combination of 4-5 plates from the Farm, Ocean and Ranch sections 
would be perfect for sharing between two people.
Right again. 
I'm a big fan of the small plate concept, since it allows to taste different dishes without being committed to a single option. 
The standouts for me were the Wood Grilled Octopus and the Uni Pasta, 
but I can't wait to go back and try out more options. 
The menu is constantly evolving to keep up with the locally sourced, seasonal ingredients,
so I trust that my next visit will be just as good as the first.
Pork Sausage Spring Roll - roasted butternut squash, watercress, basil aioli, ginger
Bone Marrow - beet pickled pearl onions, cauliflower, chimichurri, pain de mie 
Uni Pasta - shiitake mushrooms, clams, lemon, soft herbs 

natasha

4 comments:

Electrician said...

That Uni Pasta looks really mouth-watering! Gotta try this restaurant. Thanks for sharing!

Kitchen Cabinet said...

Easily the best meal I've had in San Diego and maybe the best meal overall in years. From the cocktails to the charcuterie platter to the pork chop and dessert, everything was executed flawlessly. The service was, as the kids say, on fleek and made the evening truly spectacular. If you're even considering going anywhere else after reading this review, please put down your phone and reevaluate how you make life decisions.

I can't wait to see more from this team in the future.

San Diego Water Damage Pro said...

Trust has been on my to-do list for quite some time, and a couple weekends ago we finally were able to try it out for dinner with friends. We have a new puppy, so we needed to have a restaurant within reasonable distance that was dog friendly. Luckily, Trust has a beautiful outdoor patio and had no trouble reserving an outdoor table for our party of four and 1 little four-legged baby girl.

VIAJES said...

Que buena que se ve esa comida!!!