November 8, 2013

The Great Urban Race

Do you guys watch the Amazing Race?
It's such a good show!
I always watch it on the edge of my seat,
constantly fantasizing about how the husband and I would do if we were ever cast on the show.
Luckily, I didn't have to sit around and wait for the producers to call,
because San Diego hosted the Great Urban Race this weekend,
and guess who had a chance to participate?
THIS GIRL!

Now, I have to be honest.. this wasn't my first rodeo. 
I've actually done a few of these types of challenges in the past,
but the Great Urban Race was by far the most fun I've ever had. 
If you've never done anything like this before, 
I highly recommend you to sign up next time. 

The concept is fairly simple - in the beginning of the day,
your team gets a clue sheet that essentially acts as a scavenger hunt map.
The hardest part is figuring out the riddles that hide the location of each destination.
You have to know the city you're participating in pretty well.
Not a challenge for this San Diego lover!
We kicked the day off at Whiskey Girl - a prime location in the middle of the Gaslamp district.
The whole event was a party from the jump,
and how could it not be, 
with the main event sponsor being Bacardi Oakheart?!
We may have taken longer than we were supposed to when working on our clues,
because those Bacardi mixed drinks were going down way too smooth. Hah!
Once my team figured out where we needed to go, we were off to the races!

This challenge took us all around downtown San Diego - 
from Seaport Village, up to Cortez Hill,
and everywhere in between. 
Each destination presented us with a different challenge. 
From eating larvae to showing off some yoga moves,
we had a chance to do a little bit of everything that day,
and I even captured some of it with my flip cam, provided by Bacardi Oakheart
I'm so glad I have some of this footage. 
So fun to look back on the great memories and get excited for next year!
Who'll be joining us?
I'll see you there, Bacardi in hand. 
What do you think?
Are you ready to sign up for the next round?!

A huge thank you to Bacardi Oakheart for sponsoring me and my awesome team!

natasha

No comments: