July 31, 2013

Iberico

One of my favorite memories from Spain is siesta time. 
I truly admire the emphasis that the Spanish culture puts on the important things in life..
food, sangria and friends.
What else do you need?
When Erik and I were in Madrid and Barcelona,
we would spend hours upon hours sitting outside at one of the countless cafes,
indulging in all kinds of tapas and having the most random conversations. 
I was beyond excited for the opportunity to make similar memories in our own hometown of San Diego,
 when I was invited to the grand opening of IBERICO Spanish Bistro and Gin Club last week.

The large patio with outdoor sitting area overlooking Prospect Street is the perfect location for this new restaurant. 
Walking into IBERICO, I was immediately smitten with the decor -
the exposed brick wall, the blue glass chandeliers, and the bull accents in all the random places
 transform the space into an authentic Spanish lounge. 
Although the tapas were a bit scarce that night, the sangria was flowing freely,
so I wasn't complaining. 
We had such a great time sitting back, sipping on cocktails and people watching, 
that it really felt like we were back in Europe for a night. 
I can't wait to go back and try out all the entrees - the menu looked amazing!

natasha

1 comment:

party venues in los angeles said...

Hello. Very cool blog!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your site and take the feeds additionally…I’m glad to locate a lot of helpful information right here in the post. Thanks for sharing.