June 22, 2012

Kappa Pisco

Summer officially began this week,
and although the weather in San Diego is pretty awesome all year-round,
the kick-off to the season seemed like a great reason to have a few cocktails on our patio.

A few weeks ago I received a bottle of KAPPA Pisco,
a luxury white spirit,
made from double distillation of wine.
KAPPA is the newest member of the Marnier Lapostolle family,
joining the ranks of its famous siblings, the Grand Marnier liqueurs and other famous spirits.

My first impression when I opened up the package?
The sleek and eye-catching midnight blue bottle is a stunner!
And no wonder -
after reading through the attached information,
I found out that the bottle was specially created by international renowned designer Ora-Ito.
I'm personally planning to stock up on a few bottles myself,
so I can give them out as hostess gifts in the future.
kappa2
I'm not going to lie,
prior to being contacted by Truth Be Told PR regarding this product,
I've never heard of pisco before.
So what does this stuff actually taste like?
I suppose the best way to describe it would be as a white brandy...
KAPPA's orange blossom floral aromatics and delicate notes of fruit, make it an ideal choice for the summer,
especially with the variety of easy, fancy cocktails that you can pull together from very few ingredients. 
kappa3
Last night,
the hubby and I decided to stay in and have a nice date night at home.
While he barbecued some delicious pork chops outside,
I made some fresh appetizers and cocktails.
The result was a perfect summer combo that was beautiful to look at, 
(gotta remember to save these recipes next time we host some friends over),
and scrumptious to consume.
It was a great way to wind down from the day, and watch the sunset.


KAPPA Grapefruit Fizz
1 1/2 oz KAPPA
3 oz grapefruit juice
1 oz bottle soda water (I used tonic water for an extra citrus punch)
Pour KAPPA and grapefruit juice into an ice filled glass. Top with soda water and garnish with mint. 

Watermelon Cubes with Feta & Mint
16 1-inch cubes seedless watermelon, chilled
2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
2 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
Pepper
Using a small melon baller, scoop out a small well in each watermelon cube, keeping the walls of the cube intact. In a small bowl, mash together the feta, mint and shallots; season with pepper. Stuff the wells of the watermelon cubes with feta mixture.


natasha

1 comment:

Larisa Nikiforova said...

Love your blog, especially your " full of life" attitude. I visited San Diego, for the first time, few weeks ago and fell in love. The weather, the nature and the whole vibe of the city...I miss it.