July 31, 2012

Freaks of Nature

This past weekend was one for the books.
The huzband and I drove up to LA with a couple of our best friends,
to attend the Freaks of Nature concert by Kaskade.
We started the festivities off with some rooftop cocktails at The Standard,
which was quite perfect,
since the weather couldn't have been better,
and the drinks couldn't have been stronger.

From there we headed back to our hotel, The Luxe,
where we got gussied up, had dinner, and then walked across the street to the Staples Center to get our freak on.
If you ever plan to attend an event at Staples and need a place to stay,
I highly recommend this hotel.
Clean and modern, with a perfect outdoor patio where you can enjoy some tapas and drinks,
this place was just what we needed.
freaks15
freaks16
freaks19
The concert was amaaaazing.
I've been a fan of Kaskade for about ten years,
and this is the first time I saw him live.
Beyond expectations.
If you still have a chance to catch one of his shows,
I highly recommend it!

The morning after was a little fuzzy,
but after sleeping in, we decided to spend the day on Venice Beach.
We met some other friends for brunch at Venice Ale House,
where we devoured delicious burgers and ice cold beer.
The weather was just right, so after lounging around for a while,
we all took a long stroll down the board walk.
The people watching in Venice is unlike anywhere else..
between the Freak House and the medical marijuana evaluations,
we were pretty entertained, and how could you not be?
I love shoes, booze, and boys with tattoos.
Pretty soon it was time to return to San Diego.
Aaaah, I love the feeling of coming home to my beautiful home town.

What did you do this weekend??

natasha

1 comment:

April said...

I just moved back to Oklahoma from Orange County. Seeing your pictures makes me a little homesick for socal.
Love your blog and your style :)

XO