July 25, 2012

Let's Toast

I've been seriously MIA from my dear blog lately,
and as much as I wish it was because I've been frolicking all over Italy,
I'm sorry to say that my excuse is far less exciting than that.
In reality, I had oral surgery last week.
I won't bore you with any gory details,
but let's just say that I couldn't be more excited to get out of the house.

Speaking of Italy and getting out of the house...
If you're a San Diego resident,
or if you plan on visiting my home town on August 10th,
and feel a strong longing for an awesome wine experience,
then you should definitely make reservations for Harvest Night at Toast.

Just to give you a little background -
Harvest Night marks the first night of the year that wineries harvest their grapes.
This year, technology brings San Diegans a live broadcast of the Donnafugata harvest in Sicily,
which will be streamed in real time on televisions at East Village's Toast Enoteca & Cucina.
I know...
"uhm... I can watch tv anywhere, why should I go to this event?"

Obviously, I wouldn't recommend anything that didn't sound totally awesome,
so here are the details:
The event kicks of at 3 p.m.,
(it will be midnight in Sicily - muy romantico!)
the exact time at which the harvest begins.
The peeps from Italy will be telling you everything you need to know about elixirs of the Gods,
and guiding guests through a live tasting of Donnafugata's wines.

After the tasting event,
Toast will host a multi-course dinner paired with wine,
priced at $50 per person.
Sounds so cool right?
So go ahead... fake a cough,
escape the office a couple of hours early,
and transport yourself to Italy without suffering any jet lag!

Interested?
RSVP directly to Toast at 619-269-4207.
Complimentary underground parking will be provided.

natasha

No comments: