June 6, 2012

Booked!

I am so incredibly giddy today,
because the hubby and I officially booked our next adventure!
I love traveling like a fat kid loves cake,
and our next trip comes with extra frosting.

We're planning one helluava journey,
and it all starts on August 31st.
We'll begin our vacation in London,
where we'll spend six glorious days.
From there, we're going to attempt to drive through the UK, and into Edinburgh.
We'll spend three days in Scotland,
and then hop over to Ireland, where we'll spend three days in and around Dublin.
After Dublin, we're going to fly over to the Netherlands,
where we'll bike all around Amsterdam.
And lastly,
we'll take the train into Belgium,
where we'll finish off the trip with some mussels from Brussels, and a little side trip into Bruges.

Sounds like a lot,
and I cannot wait!
I would love to hear any tips that you may have about some of the countries we're visiting.
I personally love reading about all the amazing experiences that some of you write about when you travel.
Till then,
let the countdown begin!

natasha

5 comments:

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

Oh man I am SO JEALOUS!! I lived in England for almost a year and I LOVED IT! Ok... so the food seriously isn't that good. But everything else about it is AMAZING.

Sounds like an amazing trip and I can't wait to read ALL about it. :)

Justine said...

This sounds so freaking awesome. I've never been to Europe, but I plan on going next summer! Do you follow the blog "Explore, Dream, Discover". She's an expat living in Amsterdam and she has been traveling all over Europe. A couple of places you mentioned she's been to...

http://www.exploredreamdiscoverblog.com/

cheers!

lauren | eyes/ears/mouth+lens said...

I just did a very similar trip and will be posting all my pictures, hints & tips very soon! I'll send you links when they're up if you'd like!

Anonymous said...

you will be here for the olympics!!(london). PS the food is amazing...from a londoner.. great blog :)

Casey said...

Eeeeek this is so exciting! A couple of things come immediately to mind. When in Dublin, buy the 3 day bus pass. Bang for your buck. I think it's like 11 euro for 3 days, unlimited? Doing this will enable you to visit the little fishing village of Howth - fo free. It's maybe 20 minutes outside of Dublin, if that, but it is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. The owner of our bed and breakfast recommended it to us last time we were there - it is just this tiny little fishing village, but set up on cliffs over the sea. You can hike down and peruse the pebble beaches. Simply gorgeous, and out of the way, but still very close to Dublin. Eat at Beshoff's while you're there for the best fish and chips EVER - normally a line out the door, and seeing as how you can see the entire town standing in one spot, you can't miss it. Also, we found Frommers Day to Day London very helpful, and a great guide! We used it to do a self-guided pub crawl and had an absolute blast. There is a pub in London called Black Friar's that is just the NEATEST place inside, and they serve the best traditional English breakfast as well. Happy to send photos if you like :) Let me know. We just booked our next vacation too, although we're not going until next year! Munich to Dubrovnik to Ston/Peljasc Peninsula. Then to Milan, Lake Como, Cinque Terre, and then Venice. It's my "post law school and bar exam reward trip," and my husband's for finishing his MBA :) So pumped. Traveling is the BEST.