October 17, 2011

Welcome to Miami


Bienvenidos a Miami!

Can anyone seriously think about Miami without chanting that song? 
Damn that Will Smith is one good looking man!


We had a chance to check out this sexy city before departing on our cruise to the Bahamas.
It. Was. Awesome.

Apparently we lucked out with the weather...
but even then, my hair turned into a fro the minute I stepped out of A/C parameters.

That was pretty much the only downside.
Oh, and the jelly fish.
Scary little creatures!
Almost had a mini heart attack after nearly stepping on one,
which turned into a massive laughing episode,
after I remembered how Joey and Chandler tried to help out Monica after she got stung.
The hubs said he would pee on me if my life was in danger.
I told him that if he even thought about it, I would cut it off!

Here are my recommendations for Miami hot spots...
just in case you're planning to be in the area any time soon:

  • brunch at Fontainebleau: La Cote - the fresh oysters were ah-maze! and the grey goose mojito? perhaps the most refreshing cocktail I've EVER consumed.
  • leisurely stroll around Bayside - if you get tired, there are some handy dandy waterfront lounge chairs that beg to be sat in.
  • stay at Circa 39 hotel - super affordable boutique hotel, right across from the beach.
  • late night dinner at The Forge - we seriously had the BEST experience here... try the "coffee and eggs" rib eye.. it's to die!


Can't wait till March so I can experience it all again.
My girls and I are taking over this gorgeous city for one wild weekend of bachelorette fun!


natasha

8 comments:

Winnie said...

Your Miami photos are gorgeous! Love the beach shots, wish I was there too!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos!! It looks like an amazing time. And no, I cannot think about Miami (or even say the word) without singing that song! ha!

Holly said...

My boyfriend & I love going to Miami - we were just there in July :)

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

ms and I love going to Miami and try to make it there at least once a year! glad you had a great time! xo

Fash Boulevard said...

oh my goodness, you are too sweet. so happy you found me so I could find you. Loving your blog already. Totally following. can't wait to read more. Be sure to stop back by tomorrow to see my jewelmint post. It's sort of a trail run to see if they want to partner with me for shoemint so i need ALL the support i can get. lol. thanks love. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

cheryl denise said...

love fontainebleu!!! you should also check out the delano, it's the most beautiful hotel i've ever seen!

a peek of chic

Jack and Friends said...

Haha your husband is so hot in one picture and a total dweeb in the next. Yep, seems about right... :)

beti said...

your pictures are lovely and the food looks delicious! hope you had a great time!