December 29, 2010

Ave5

Still can't believe that 2011 is officially upon us. The past year flew by like a whirlwind, leaving me with nothing but amazing memories. We'll be saying farewell to 2010 and welcoming in the New Year from a beach house in Rosarito this year, and I couldn't be more excited. I love going down to Baja with close friends, so I'm sure we'll have a really great time. It will be a very short trip, so we'll be back by Sunday - just in time to relax and enjoy some free-flowing mimosas for a New Year's brunch. Speaking of brunch, I want to share some photos I took while dining out with some of my girlfriends, at a super cute restaurant called Ave5. Centrally located on Bankers Hill (my new favorite neighborhood, if you haven't already noticed from some of the recent posts here and here), Ave5 specializes in the highest quality fresh farm-to-table modern American Cuisine at moderate prices. Chef Colin Maclaggan's European background definitly reflects in most of the dishes, and the wine selection is pretty impressive, if I do say so myself.



If you decide to visit Ave5 for brunch, try out the freshly squeezed watermelon juice. Very refreshing!
Croque Madame - toasted sourdough, ham, béchamel, fried egg, potatoes
Brioche French Toast
Smoked Salmon Sandwich

Mmmm I just got hungry looking at these pictures again! Can't wait till Sunday, Happy New Year everybody!!

natasha

No comments: