October 15, 2014

Bottega Americano

A few weeks ago I was in Chicago for my best friend's wedding,
and in case you're wondering, I did, in fact, 
download and purposefully watch My Best Friend's Wedding on my flight there.
But that's neither here nor there. 
The point of me telling you the two aforementioned facts,
is that I happened to stop by Eataly while I was in the Windy City.
I loved the concept - a single location that boasts 23 eateries. 
It's large and in charge, and reminds me of afternoons spent in Italy this past summer. 

But this post isn't about Eataly.
It's about a new restaurant, located at Park & Island, 
in the burgeoning Downtown East Village neighborhood of San Diego.  
Bottega Americano is getting some rave reviews about town lately,
so naturally I had to check it out as soon as possible. 

The restaurant and marketplace is impressive. 
The space is beautifully decorated, offering five interactive food bars, 
as well as a market for those that only have a few minutes to grab something to go.
The menu combines classic Italian dishes with fresh ingredients and innovation of Modern California. 

I stopped by for lunch yesterday and noshed on some freshly cooked pasta,
as I cursed the fact that I had to go back to work, otherwise I would totally try one of the Snake Oil cocktails,
always a treat. 
marinated ciliegine mozzarella / roasted garlic / tomato marmellata / saba
grilled Mary’s farm chicken / fire roasted peppers / fontina / broccoli rabe / roasted garlic aioli hoagie roll  
garganelli / spicy lobster broth / jumbo shrimp / sweet garlic / mint 
1195 Island Ave.
East Village, San Diego

natasha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos!