June 1, 2014

Milan, Italy - Part I

In case you've been wondering if I've fallen off the face of the earth, 
the answer is yes. 
I fell right into the center of Italy,
where I started my two-week mission to eat as many carbs as humanly possible.

We kicked off our latest Eurotrip in Milan,
a city known for its fashion, architecture, and of course, food. 
While there, we rented an awesome apartment just a few minutes away from the Duomo,
so that's where we headed as soon as we dropped off our bags. 

What a gorgeous building!
I mean really, it's truly breathtaking. 
I first got a glimpse of it as I walked out of the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II,
another magnificent structure, full of dangerous window displays that seemed to taunt me as I passed. 
After exploring the inside of the church for quite some time, 
we proceeded to climb the stairs to the roof,
where we took in some of the best views of Milan. 
It was so hard to leave, 
but alas,
pizza and wine were calling my name. 
More on Milan in my next post!
I'm BACK. 

natasha

2 comments:

BKCsquared said...

I studied abroad in Milan for a semester in college & absolutely loved it!! I am a little jealous that your photos are SO much better than mine & I had months of opportunity to take them - when you only had a few days!

These photos make me want to go back to my old stomping grounds! :)

xo, B
www.BKCsquared.com

Bailey Schneider said...

I'm so glad you're back! Missed you and your blog!
Aw I am in love with your pics and trip... It's definitely on the travel wish list :-)