November 15, 2012

Whisknladle

You know how they say "you never miss them till they're gone"?
It's true.
The husband and I were apart for just a measly four days last week,
yet it felt like a lifetime and I missed him like crazy.

We decided to celebrate our reunion this Monday with a spontaneous date night.
I've mentioned Whisknladle on this blog before,
but I had a completely different experience this time around.
Although their happy hour is still pretty legit,
the scene outside of the bar area is completely different.
It's dim, romantic, and a perfect setting for cozying up next your loved one.
Potato and Gruyere Raviolo: short rib alla Verano, egg yolk, glazed onions & gremolata.

whisk6
Autumn Leaves cocktail
Roasted Pork Belly: lentils, Tuscan kale, butternut squash & mustard
Pan Seared Scallops: grapes, bacon, caramelized frisee & vermouth cream
Honey Ricotta Tart: marsala poached pears, pine nut croquante
Perfect place for a date night on a Monday evening!

natasha

3 comments:

Sophie said...

omg this place looks so magical! i love romantic little places like these. xx

cynthia said...

Yummm! We went to Whisknladle for the first time during Restaurant Week. Loved it.

Eliza :: Case Study said...

This all looks so yummy! I'm new to your blog and newly following. I love your header! It's so cute :) I've been to San Diego once and had the best time - I'd love to go back!