February 2, 2012

Thursday Travel Tips

I'm starting a new series,
on this dear blog of mine. 

Catchy, 
don't you think?

Traveling is one of my biggest passions. 
I think about it day and night. 
I believe I inherited this obsession from my parents,
who have traveled all over the world,
and who were gracious enough to drag me with them when I was little. 
Thanks mum and dad,
I really do appreciate it. 

Since meeting my hubby,
we've slowly began traveling on our own.
We've visited some amazing places so far,
and have many more on our wish list. 

This brings me to my first tip -
picking your destination

I, for one, am intrigued with Europe. 
Each country on that continent is so different,
and so full of history,
I just can't get enough. 

But maybe Europe isn't for you. 
Maybe your dream is to detox on the beaches of the Caribbean,
or visit the grand palaces of Asia. 
Or maybe you don't know what your dream destination is. 
It's so easy to get wrapped up in the daily routine and forget to take vacations. 
Let me tell you something,
my husband has never been out of the country,
(he barely made it out of state),
prior to meeting me. 
Yep, 
I'm gonna go ahead and take credit for awakening his travel buds.
But all I'm saying, is that it's never too late to start. 

Get inspired! 
My favorite thing to do is gawk at travel photos. 
Whether through books, blogs, or movies,
I get so excited seeing something new and unusual. 

I just received this book,
and I've made it a nightly ritual, 
to flip through it before going to bed. 
I fall asleep and dream of exploring new places. 
If you're struggling with making a decision about your next getaway,
I'd highly recommend this read. 
Those people of Travel + Leisure sure know what they're talking about. 
#dreamjobalert


natasha

11 comments:

Elli said...

You should visit Germany ;) I´m sure you would like it.
I guess Americans always want to travel to Europe and we Europeans wanna visit America :D
I hope that I am in NYC one day :) it´s my biggest dream!

xoxo elli

Stephanie Shepherd said...

I'm excited to read about your travel tips! I think it's such a blessing that you were able to travel with your parents. My boyfriend and I have also been to some amazing places together but still have quite the list going. What is your favorite spot to-date? Who knows, maybe we'll end up in the same part of the world sometime!

Michelle's Style File said...

This book sounds great -sounds inspiring!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

i'm a huge traveller..so thanks for sharing the book link. because, i'm also a huge reader.

well, whaadya know?

tres chic chica said...

Great timing!! My boyfriend and I are leaving to Disney for a fun get-a-away the 9th.. stress free and fun! He's a doctor, I'm a nurse so it might seem crazy for two adults with no children but we need it!!! lol I look forward to your tips and travel ideas! xo Marie

http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

I love travelling as well and I'd really call myself a gipsy at heart. :)
I'd love to take a few months off work and just go on a road trip trough North America or Canada... hach dreams... ;)
Come to Vienna! It's beautiful here! Lots of history.
xoxo
Andrea

Alison Kinsey said...

ooh i'm excited about this new series! i have had the travel bug for years on end too. and i haven't even been to europe yet. i can only imagine how amazing it would be! looking forward to reading these every thursday!

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

I'm trying my very very hardest to get to Europe this summer :)

and speaking of traveling.. Kelsey (eat.drink.be a tourist.) have an idea and we think you might be interested. (I know I'm being vague hehe). We'll discuss on Saturday. Can't wait :)

Jenna said...

This book looks awesome! - and I love the idea of a travel Thursday series!

Luckily I've also got to travel to a lot of different places around the world, but as a person who has caught the bug, I also have a huge list of places I still want to go.

A trip to Rwanda may be in my near future - keeping my fingers crossed!

xxx
Jenna

.sabo skirt. said...

Traveling really looks fun!

Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

Bailey Schneider said...

Once the travel bug bites... it's all one can think of :-)
I am looking forward to the travel tip posts x
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde