March 25, 2010

Je suis amoureux de San Diego

I’ve always been a hopeless romantic. Typical girlie me gushes over anything of French origin… Christian Lacroix’s impeccable designs, Charlotte Gainsbourg’s chic style and the never-fail-me delicious coq au vin, just to name a few. I like to look at it this way: San Diego is my wife, but Paris will always be my mistress. And in any other instance a collision between the three parties of this dirty love triangle can be disastrous… truly tragic even! But not my loves. No, no, no, my loves have too much class to cause a scene.

When I found out that Cirque Du Soleil was coming to San Diego once again to share its beauty and talent with us I was delighted. Being able to experience a piece of the French culture that’s so exquisite right here in my own hometown is a real treat. The costumes, the music, the talent! I was watching each act like a little girl in a trance. My body was here under the grand chapiteau, but my spirit, my spirit was prancing along Boulevard Saint-Germain. It lasted only a few short hours and then I was back to reality… but you know what? Stepping outside to a comfortable 69 degrees at 11 o’clock at night, hearing the waves crash over the beach of Del Mar is not too harsh of a reality. And then I remember… this… this is why I’m in love with San Diego.



-Je suis amoureux de San Diego

natasha

No comments: