December 1, 2013

The Hake

I hope everyone had a fabulous long weekend, 
full of delicious food and quality time with your loved ones. 
I, for one, managed to cook up a turkey that's practically half my size,
and it was damn good too. 
We now have leftovers for days, and the thought of eating more poultry is already ruining my mood. 
If you're like me, 
and are looking for a change of pace when it comes to your protein intake,
I highly recommend checking out The Hake. 

La Jolla's fairly new seafood brasserie offers up some fabulous seafood delicacies.
The husband and I checked it out this week during date night, 
and were both pleasantly surprised with the whole experience. 
The decor (took me straight back to Paris), the service and the food were all outstanding,
the sea scallop and the roasted octopus landing on the top of our list.
The restaurant also offers up a killer happy hour,
which I intend to take full advantage of in the very near future. 
Indian Summer cocktail & an Old Fashioned
Sea Scallop - cucumber, citrus, chipotle, olive oil. Lightly dressed sashimi style preparation.
Tuna Chicharron - onion, cilantro, soy butter dressing.
Roasted Octopus - olive oil poached potatoes, spicy mayo, smoked paprika.
Seared Tuna Burger - house dry rub, soy mayonnaise, cajun fries. 
1250 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037

natasha

No comments: