December 3, 2012

American Pie

As much as I love the city life,
sometimes a girl just needs to escape.
After hosting a whirlwind Thanksgiving dinner last weekend,
that is exactly what the husband and I decided to do.
We headed straight to Julian,
which is about 1.5 hours away from central San Diego,
and offers up some of the best apple pie known to man. 
julian5
There's always a line gathered outside of the famous Julian Pie Company,
and for good reason too. 
Their pies are delish!
Loved seeing all the fall colors!
It was a nice change of pace from our constantly-sunny surroundings,
so naturally,
the husband was forced to model.
julian10
This guy was my favorite.
Obviously, the first thing I thought of was Napoleon Dynamite
"Tina you fat lard! Come get some dinner!"
julian12
julian16
I love taking little day trips like this with my man. 
Have you ever been to Julian?
Isn't it lovely?

natasha

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hands down one of my favorite towns. I went apple picking there earlier this year and try to stop in at least once a year for apple pie

Lauren said...

I did a day trip up to Julian last year...had dinner at the Julian Grille Restaurant, got pie at Mom's Pies, and shopped for little trinkets along the way. It was so beautiful and such a nice getaway from SD!

Anonymous said...

I've never been but I'm going to plan a trip thanks to the great Natasha!

Jenn said...

It's my dream to move to San Diego for grad school in two years. I've been stuck in Pittsburgh where I did my undergrad for 5 years now, and have been feeling really down. Stumbling across your blog and reading a bunch of your previous entries about how amazing San Diego have renewed my vigor to get out of this city that's bringing me down. In a way, you're an inspiration to me to keep on trucking to get there! Thanks for all the awesome San Diego info :) Can't wait to visit!